To help vulnerable displaced families in different areas in Taiz Governorate, Yemen, Peace SOS donated food baskets to 270 people, including 98 children, 63 women, 70 men, 29 elderly, and 19 people with special needs. The distribution took place in late March 2022 so that the food baskets were received during the holy month of Ramadan as well as providing food during the war that has affected everyone. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the joy in their hearts.
These are some of the quotes from recipients of the gifts:
- “Thank you, I feel like I can go home and make my kids happy with these items in the holy month of Ramadan”.
- “May God bless your heart as you have made my heart and the hearts of my children happy”.
- “At the right time! Thank you, may God protect you”.
- “Your sense of our suffering, this is the pinnacle of humanity, thank you”.
- “My kids will be happy tonight with this basket, I can feed my kids”.
- “My children will not feel hungry during Ramadan. Thank you”.
Let’s hope hunger is ended soon. Together for: “A World in Which All Children Can Play.”